Sunday, August 16, 2009

I am a WHSL (part 2)

I used to own a small internet cafe before I realized that what I was earning was not even enough to cover the bills (and the cost of my future hospitalization caused by well, being an internet cafe owner...yeah it was that bad!) To say that I was not happy with my situation is an understatement. I was desperate for a way out. So I got out as soon as I saw a minuscule chance of escape! I sold the shop at a not so attractive price. Honestly I just want out of it, I don't care if I lost money, because frankly the longer I continue with it, the more I would lose.

That's how I ended up being a WHSL. People who don't know what I do think that I am just lazing around the house the whole day being a good for nothing BUM. Actually they are right and they are so wrong too!. I do spend 90% of my time at home, but I don't laze around doing nothing (although I must admit that once in a while I give in to the urge of jumping in bed in the middle of the day to NAP...ahhhh siesta!!!)

But what exactly do I to warrant spending 8-12 hours infront of the computer? The ff. are the list of websites that I frequent on a daily basis:

1. sulit. com
2. entrepreneur.com.ph- I need to go daily and bump my ads or they would be lost underneath other peoples ads.
3. pinoyexchange- the same with entrepreneur.com.ph
4. shinphil forums - for my kpop addictionn (this is a shinhwa forum)
5. various kpop forums and blogs - same as above
6. facebook - just because I am addicted to farmtown and mafia war
7. multiply- to spam my ads on peoples guest book....hehehe
8. twitter - just because
9. I visit this blog and other people's blog. Sometimes I write a post when I feel like it.
10. Check emails (lifeline to the world of every online entrepreneur)

I also manage 3 self made websites for my various businesses

  • www.beautycrafters.net (I co-own this with my sister. We sell mineral make up and organic bath and products. We also promote this in multiply)
  • http://wholesalehaven.webs.com/- this site is for my wholesale business. As of now we only sell imported underwear but we have plans of adding other stuff in the future.
  • http://beautycrafters.multiply.com/ - this we created to promote our products and website. I am still trying to make heads and tails of how to effectively utilize this site for our business.
I must admit that I am not a very organized person and sometimes I succumb to the temptation of spending the wholeday playing games in facebook. But people who think running an online business is easy are fooling themselves, it's not easy. The only benefit you will get from using this medium to kick start your business is its relatively cheap as compared to starting a physical store. Sometimes I find myself wondering what the heck am I doing or if I am even doing the right thing.....but after experiencing whats its like to own my own business, there is no turning back....this chick is gonna be a WHSL whether you like it or not!!!

0 comments:

 
The Crazy World of Me, Myself and I © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina