Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Veggie Garden 101

My sister owns a small plot of land a few houses away from where we live. Last year after the parents came back from their 6 months vacation with that sister (she lives in New Jersey with her husband and 3 kids) they decided to turn that empty plot of land into a mini vegetable garden. It was a 50% disaster. Meaning only half of what they planted grew into something edible. The other half was OK . Edible but not as pretty as we pictured them to be. My father thinks its the soil, my mother thinks its the insect. I think.....I think we did something wrong...OR we did not do something right :-(

Anyway a year after that disastrous start, I decided I want to give our little veggie garden another try. But since I would be doing it alone this time, I will stick with something doable for me and that is container gardening.

Well, actually my other reason for going container, instead of sticking little seeds and plants on the ground is because the weeds are driving me crazy. I would probably spend a month just clearing them up and I would have nothing to show for my effort so to avoid that I'll go the container way. Saves up on effort and energy, both of which I am too lazy to spend on weeding anyway!

0 comments:

 
The Crazy World of Me, Myself and I © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina